Saturday, March 27, 2010

Embrace new things they may be more usefull than you think...

I am completly guilty of not liking change (for the most part)
If I am getting the job done with my current item, I don't need something new and fancy schmancy.

I think the reason is I don't feel like learning how to use a new item and potentially sucking at using it.
(I do not own a smart phone and I plan to stick to my guns on this one for awhile)

That said,  perhaps I should be a bit more open to new things.
I stumbled upon a few quotes that got the wheels turnin....

This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.
Western Union internal memo, 1876.


I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.

Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943


Airplanes are interesting toys, but they have no military value.
Marshal Ferdinand Foch in 1911.



Theoretically, television may be feasible, but I consider it an impossibility--a development which we should waste little time dreaming about.
Lee de Forest, 1926, inventor of the cathode ray tube.
 
 


We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.


Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?
H. M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.


I found these quotes entertaining, hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Liz Marie x2. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan